Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 55

It's that time of year... Black Friday! Beckie and I have our annual tradition of going shopping. This year, Wal Mart's movie deals started at midnight! So we braved the crowds and set out. It was the most terrible Black Friday experience I've had. Everyone was packed around the DVDs like sardines. I couldn't see the movies or move my body an inch in any direction, and I was starting to feel a bit of anxiety. I didn't care about the movies anymore. I just wanted to get out of there. After we made our Wal Mart purchases, we had 3 hours to kill before Target opened, so we went home and played Super Mario! We passed 5 levels (1 level twice) only to find out it doesn't save any of your work until you beat the castle. We were a bit upset when we found out. Then we headed off Target for their 4 am opening. We got everything we needed there, including hat/glove combo for my nephew who's sporting them fabulously. We waited in a forever long line for an hour-ish. We got home at 6 am. I talked to my Mom for an hour, who had gotten up to go to work, and then I went to bed at 7 am. I slept until noon, but woke up about every hour due to a text message, a phone call, being hot, and a screaming child... twice. I couldn't sleep anymore. I just had to get up and face the turmoil caused by rambunctious nieces and nephews.
Friday, November 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment