Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 128

Blood Donating Day!
Today was my first time donating blood. It was quite an experience. I got my finger pricked, layed down in the chair, got stuck with a needle, and got to pumpin' my blood! I felt just fine the whole time and pumped all my blood in 5 minutes!
I got up and went to get my cookie! Yum. I sat next to Dani and started chatting. I paused and said, "Hold on a sec. I think I'm kinda blacking out a little.."
The next thing I knew, I was lying down with my legs sprawled out a bit, my arm dangling to my side.. thinking I just had a really great dream..
I opened my eyes and saw Dani looking down at me, "Are you feeling ok?" Medical people were getting me water and pretzels, and reclining my legs onto the chairs.
Yup. I blacked out.
I was just chillin' for a bit and thought I could sit up. I then started feeling a bit woozy again. The lady made me lie down on a little bed thing. Luckily, I drove home safely and rested on the couch for a little while. I haven't felt well today.
If donating blood is like this every time... I may skip a few sessions.
Monday, February 7, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment